Ramblings of a Long Island Girl.

Satirical. Inappropriate. Sometimes crude. Bitchy. Rambling. You know how I do.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh this is the start of something good, don't you agree?

Okay, so the gorgeous Allison has requested I make a new blog post so that she doesn't have to see my bloody finger anymore and I kinda think she's right! So lucky for Ali and the rest of you tired of looking at my mangled claw, I've got an announcement:

I'm moving to Raleigh in the middle of February!

My last day of work is February 4 (a Wednesday) and my birthday is Sunday, February 8. I also found out as I got home tonight that Brian & Bobby got tickets to see "The Daily Show" on February 9, so I am going to go with them and then drive down to Raleigh that week and try to find a job, etc. I'll couch hop with Jay and Sara & TJ and who knows maybe Clif'll let me crash for a night. At least the slumber party will distract me from the absolute terror I have about finding a job haha. I told my bosses at work and although I was scared to do it, I was really more just sad in general. It's a nice place to work and they're really good bosses and I like the people I work with so it's kinda like I'd be losing more friends.

But anyway.

I'm really excited and really scared. I'm excited because I think that it'll be a great new chapter of my life but I'm scared about finding a new job. I accepted back in 2007 when I decided that if it came to it, I'd be the one to move that it would mostly mean giving up 90% chances of ever having a job in the fields that I have my degree in (Communications with focuses in Journalism & PR as well as a minor in English & Theatre). I worry too much and I think too much. And nothing is or will EVER be as beautiful as New York City and that's a fact. BUT I like Raleigh and even though it's clear that I will really want to end up back in NY someday, I cannot wait to start a new life there.

I'm just going to miss my friends. I'll miss Cassidy (bitch moved back from North Carolina as I was moving there), Tricia, Julia, Amanda, Amanda, Ali, Ian, Brian, Claudio, Randy, Anthony, Joe & Steph, Eddie, Bobby, and everyone around here that I know I'm not mentioning (forgive me). I'll miss the BTR crew, Annie & Jeff & Max & Maia and all of our mid-day margaritas. I'll miss Yankee games with Angri & Sabella & Storey. I'll miss my dog Strider. But most importantly I'll miss my family: my parents, sisters, grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousin. Just as way excited as I am to move, I'm just as sad that I won't get to see them whenever I want to anymore. I know that this post sounds somewhat shaky but I made this decision with both my heart and my head and I'm certain that it's the right one.

It's gonna be a big adjustment and I'm really gonna need a lot of support from all sorts of places.

Oh, and I'm gonna need a job if anyone's hiring...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    WOW!! That's a pretty big deal Colleen!! Good luck! Are you still going to be able to do Metrobuzz with John?

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Chris In Boston said…

    Giddy the fuck up yo!

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's incredibly romantic! If I ever moved away my entire family would have to move too, we are all so close. I'm sure they are hiring at the ice rink. ;)

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger ilea02 said…

    good luck with the move Colleen! It will all be okay. It might be scary at first. You can also always visit your family and they can visit you.

    You'll also be closer to me!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you Colleen!! I know you'll miss NY but if you didn't go you'd always regret not giving it a go. Good Luck!

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Thanks guys!

    Jeff - John lives in upstate NY & I've gone from Long Island to NYC to back to Long Island since we started. If we continue with the show, it would be the same set up as we do now.

    C.I.B. - You're gonna give me more pep talks, right?

    Indigo - Thanks :) That damn ice rink!

    Maggie - I know! And you're going March 21 right? If I'm still freaking out after a month, I'm gonna need a group therapy session sometime within those 25 hours haha jk

    Debra - I think you hit the nail on the head exactly.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Desiree' said…

    Good luck! I am sure that you will find a good job. You're smart, capable, and have a good personality. Who wouldn't want to hire you?

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Jeff said…

    That's great to hear! I figured with Skype or TalkShoe or whatever program you use, you'd figure out a way to make it work. Plus Jay has that great studio that he and Jack use, right? :)

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    (sniff) I have been (sniff) waiting for this day (sniff) since you first met Jay (sniff). I am so happy (sniff) for you. (wipes tears)
    Girl now we won't have that Five Guys dinner!! From what I have learned about you via your podcast and tweets you are smart, witty, determined and strong (not to mention too damn cute!!). You will do AWESOME in NC and I know this. Good luck with the move, the job search and the beginning of a new chapter in the life of Colleen!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home